Sign in to follow this  
dc27526

navigation system help

Hello

Was wondering if anyone can help, I have a clarion NX501 and the mirco chip was pushed to far in I cant retreve it out of the slot. I guess I will be replacing the whole system! Does anyone know if there is a compatable system that will fill in the existing hole and the plugs on the back will be the same. Heading to Nashville TN (KOA), will be staying there from Sat. - Monday. If you all know anyone in Nashville to help with problem that would be great

Thanks David

David, how about going to Clarion and purchasing another NX 501? Or even having yours repaired. You may have to rely on a map or your phone till you get yours repaired or replaced.:rolleyes: 

By having it repaired or replaced by the same unit you wont have to learn a completely new system.

JMHO

Herman 

I have lucked out by pushing in on the mico-chip quickly with a blunted-end toothpick. I pushed just enough to feel the ejection spring move the quickly released pressure. Once I inserted the incorrect micro-chip in a computer and that trick worked too. None were Clarion equipment though.