fatbill

Tire PSI

Here is the Double Coin Load charts.

http://www.doublecointires.com/wp-content/uploads/Double-Coin-TBR-Data-Book.pdf

While I didn't check all the numbers I believe you will see they match all other tire company tires of same size & LR except for a few Michelin tires that are sometimes different by 5 psi or have load capacity difference of a few hundred pounds.

When an RV size  tire is made the tire company doesn't know what vehicle it is going on.  Only time a tire company knows that info is for regular production cars and smaller trucks.

Load charts have been around for more than 50 years so the tire companies know how to make tires to perform to those. Getting on a truck scale to learn your actual axle loads is easy, Low cost (I believe less than $20).

At FMCA Conventions RVSEF offers a real service to measure each tire position as very few RV have 50/50 side to side laod split which is the assumption for the 80psi on the Federal stickers. I would support 90 - 95 until you get individual position scale weights. Be sure you have a 15% Reserve Load capacity above your ACTUAL heaviest end per axle. if possible.

Get and run TPMS and be sure it is programed correctly.

Just an update... I went to a Loves that had a CAT scale, and was able to get a weight on each axel, although, not 4 corners...

Weight is fully loaded with 4 adults and all our stuff....

Steer Axel = 5740

Drive Axel = 12320

Gross 18060

So I'm good if I'm reading charts correctly... I'm at 95 PSI... probably drop them down to 90 to give me a margin....

Good, now you have some good information to base your tire preshure on. Something to think about. When I don't have a corner weight and am working on using the whole axl weight. I use 60/40 to determine the air preshure not 50/50. This gives you a little cushion incase it isn't perfectly equally loaded. Yours might be but I know mine isn't.:D

Bill 

I know I'm being a pain and I apologize... just want to get this correct and be sure I have this straight in my thick head....

Factoring in a 15% cushion, and the additional weight of full water and fuel, I THINK I'm looking at 3500 LB on the front tires, and 3700 LB on the rears.

according to the load inflation chart, thats 80PSI on the front and 85-90 PSI on the rear.... ?

18 hours ago, fatbill said:

Just an update... I went to a Loves that had a CAT scale, and was able to get a weight on each axel, although, not 4 corners...

Weight is fully loaded with 4 adults and all our stuff....

Steer Axel = 5740

Drive Axel = 12320

Gross 18060

So I'm good if I'm reading charts correctly... I'm at 95 PSI... probably drop them down to 90 to give me a margin....

1 hour ago, fatbill said:

I know I'm being a pain and I apologize... just want to get this correct and be sure I have this straight in my thick head....

Factoring in a 15% cushion, and the additional weight of full water and fuel, I THINK I'm looking at 3500 LB on the front tires, and 3700 LB on the rears.

according to the load inflation chart, that's 80 PSI on the front and 85-90 PSI on the rear.... ?

Fatbill, do I see a conflict in your numbers?

Herman