C-944451

Powered front window shades inoperable?

I have just recently purchased a used 2016 Fleetwood Discovery Class A motorhome and I am experiencing a condition now with the front windshield powered shade motors on both the day and night shades. They were working when we first purchased the RV but within a few weeks after we bought the RV "as is" both of the shade motors have become inoperable. Has anyone else come across this experience before and perhaps have an idea as to what has happened or possible troubleshooting tips? Or ideas on how to obtain the wiring diagrams and troubleshooting tips for the front windshield day/night shade motors?

The shades can be rolled up and down manually (which is a real pain) but are inoperable automatically using the raise/lower switches on the dash control panel. I do have power at both of the dash control panel switches but no idea of the routing or how to access the wiring at the individual shade motors. I do see two small wires hanging from each shade that are approx. 4 to 6 inches long on the right side of the front windshield shades and one of them appears to have a small push button attached to one set of these wires. Nothing happens when I push the pushbutton nor if I switch the pushbutton to the other shade motor. 

Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated!

Your motors are dead!  The two wires that hang down, with button are the control to limit movement.

If your Discovery is anything like my 2016 Bounder the shades are mounted in an assembly that is held up by 8 screws. I'm guessing to access the wires you need to remove the A-piller covering to get to them. What I did was grab a grandson #1 to get the screws out then cut the wires carefully as there isn't much slack in them.  Replaced the motor and used grandson #2 to get everything installed.

My blackout shade motor was replaced about two years ago so I had some clues on what to shop for. The latest is the Black Pearl MCD 50:5338 (confirmed by MCD) replacing IIRC the ES2512D-0.7/34 which is a red motor. The red one is a lot cheaper than the Black Pearl (it is white) but I figured I might as well put the newer version in. There is a lot of the red motors out there and the 50:338 is spendy. Lowest cost was $106 plus shipping. Check e-bay, I found some there.

MCD was quick in responding to e-mail but they are proud of their product.

Your choice but I didn't fool with hooking up the ignition lockout wire. I'm not going to drop the blackout shade while driving and I drop the sunscreen while backing to cut the glare in the mirrors.