EY8675@GMAIL.COM

110 electric 12/2 line replacement

I have a 2008 Safari Simba (made by Monaco but now out of business) with two slide outs.  I have a short in my 110 line that goes from the stationary wall receptacle to a slide out receptacle.  I need to replace that line but having difficulty locating the wire that goes from the wall receptacle to the slide out receptacle.  My question is 'how does the wire from the rv interior wall receptacle connect to the slide out receptacle (one end is stationary and the other slides in and out)?

Do you have Lipper or HWH, when you say, one side is stationary...is that the same slide out?  If so, you need to reset your slide, I do not think you have a short.

Carl I think he is just talking about the 110 wire to the wall outlet that is in the slide.

4 hours ago, EY8675@GMAIL.COM said:

I have a short in my 110 line that goes from the stationary wall receptacle to a slide out receptacle.  I need to replace that line but having difficulty locating the wire that goes from the wall receptacle to the slide out receptacle.  My question is 'how does the wire from the rv interior wall receptacle connect to the slide out receptacle (one end is stationary and the other slides in and out)?

Do you have any wiring diagrams? What makes you think the outlets are on the same circuit? 

With the slide out look for wiring bundles under the slide. 

Bill

Several years ago, I had the same problem on a little older motor home with Magnum chassis. Found a metal junction box under a cabinet that had flexible wire going out to the slide out. The wire was shorted at the metal box. As I remember I had to remove the bottom of the cabinet to get to the box. 

Thanks for the comments.  Yes wildbill was right, its just 110 line and has nothing to do with the slide out mechanisms.  Unfortunately no wiring diagrams and i diagnosis the problem by going from a hot wire coming out of the bathroom GFI directly to the next outlet and no GFI fault occurred.  There is no junction box in the bathroom cabinet and the wire comes from the GFI to an outlet on the other side of bathroom wall.  I looked underneath the rig and below the outlet that contains the bad wire and saw nothing that would like a 'wire bundle' but will look more.

Don't know but I would use a meter and "ring" out the circuit. Test the outlets on both sides of that outlet and make shure the GFI is good. Follow the circuit back and check the circuit breaker.

Bill