I am trying to find out if a 2014 Chrysler town and country minivan can be towed on a dolly?  It will be towed using a 45' 3 axle class A from Ohio to Florida and back.  Unfortunately, I don't have time to set up a flat tow vehicle. Any help would be appreciated. 

8 hours ago, khstewart said:

thank you

Welcome to the forum. The only outher thing is it all wheel/4 wheel drive? If it is just front wheel drive you are  good to go.

Have you towed using a dolly before?

Bill

Another consideration is the width of the vehicle relative to the width between the dolly fenders.

I would recommend loading the vehicle onto the dolly and check the space between the fenders and the body of the toad.  Keep in mind that, if the dolly pan swivels, the trailing edge of the dolly fenders will turn toward the toad. 

If in doubt, once your vehicle is properly loaded (centered) onto your dolly, have at least one spotter watch the space between the dolly fenders and your toad as you cautiously execute a left and right turn.

I dealt with this issue last summer when considering using a different vehicle as a toad.  Ended up not being able to use the vehicle I originally intended (Honda Oddessy minivan) because, although the prospective toad vehicle specs indicated that the wheel width was appropriate, the manner in which the vehicle body "flared" out wider than the wheels made it unsuitable to use as a toad on my Stehltow car dolly.  I ended up purchasing a 2008 Chevrolet Uplander minivan to use as a toad.  It has worked out well.

Good luck and safe travels to you!