montycarpenter

HWH Leveliing Jack - Pressure Sensor Wire Broke

RE: 2016 Newmar Ventana

I noticed a loose wire hanging alongside my left rear HWH leveling jack and found that the wire had broken loose right at the sensor located at the inside bottom of that leveling jack.

After researching online, and after not getting any return call from HWH tech support or HWH parts, it appears to be HWH part # RAP8003.

See this link for part at HWH - HWH Part Link

The jacks all seem to work fine by my usual method of using the extend and retract buttons for each side or front/back of the RV.  I don't use the auto leveling button as I prefer to fine tune the leveling myself.

QUESTION:  what exactly does that sensor do?  Is the data from the sensor only used in the auto-leveling function?

Some local RV dealers say it may take 3 months to get the part and it costs about $120 (and then there is the installation process) so I'd rather just leave it as is if it only impacts the auto-leveling function.

Thank you!

HWH Part RAP8003 Picture.png

Monty, Welcome to the Forum. Due to many reasons HWH is shorthanded. If you call for tech help, a person will call take your number. Call you in a few days and setup an appointment for a tech to call you in about 2 weeks.

But when he does call, he will be very helpful.

I have sent you a PM.

Herman

That is a sensor to determine when the double-acting jacks are in the store position or not. If I'm right your jacks do not have springs on each side of the ram. The models with springs have only one sensor - on the top. The double-acting jacks have two sensors, that one and another on the jack cylinder top.

Down ½ way is where the RV section of this HWH system document lists drawings of each leveling system: https://www.hwhcorp.com/ML44100b6.html

To help correctly identify your leveling system, this is handy: http://www.serenitysys.com/beaver/archives/HWH_System_ID_ml40256.pdf

Edited by rayin