Sign in to follow this  
aztec7fan

What is your exit strategy for when you can no longer drive your RV?

We are about 5 years away from retiring and going full time in our motorhome.  We are in the planning stages for this phase of our life, but I like planning far ahead.  I'm just curious what other folks plan on doing once they realize they can no longer drive their RV.

Do you have a sticks and bricks home to move back into?  are you renting it out now?

Will you park your RV and continue to live in it? do you have a plot of land or RV space already purchased?

thanks,

chris  

Edited by aztec7fan

I'm 81 years old. I don't know how many more years I have driving the RV. DW tells me now that I'm a good MH driver but a terrible car driver.

When the time comes I'll stay in the bricks & sticks that we presently own until the time comes when either is called up.  My sons inherit everything in the garage, shed, and junk rooms. 

We enjoy traveling and typically leave Texas for cooler areas in the Summer. This year we were gone 15 weeks. I'm sure next year will be the same or even longer, God willing.

We are 81, and this past spring we gave it up. Sold motor home November 10th. Great day because we sold. Sad day because we sold. While I probably could have driven a few more years, my wive uses a walker full time. It was just too hard for her to get in and out. It was up to me to pack and unpack. Even though the motor home was parked right beside our garage and shop, it was getting to me. It was time and we both knew it and unanimously agreed to change our lifestyle. I will probably miss it more than she, because I really enjoyed going to conventions and talking to friends we have met over the years. We are in our home, warm and family was here for Thanksgiving dinner. I enjoy cooking for friends and family, but fortunately my wife can and does do the cleanup. Hopefully, you will know when to give it up as we did.