alex.hopple

trouble finding a location to stay!

I am about to start the full time thing, I started a job outside Roanoak, VA and am having a difficult time finding a place to park my camper let alone a place with hookups. I could dry camp if I had to but it would probably get old quick ferrying fuel and water regularly. I am going to reach out to a real estate agent about finding some rental property that may have an existing pad with hookups on it for rent/lease but I am thinking that might be a long shot.

what tips, tricks, suggestions do you have? I have called around to all the campgrounds I can find and I am at an hour away from where i work with no luck. I am fairly flexible, just still very new and figuring things out.

40 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

What camper do you have? 

Have you tried Mc Farland RV Park? or Salem Village Mobile Home Park?

Bill

I have a cyclone 4200

I have called Salem Village, I do need to try them again. A few things I saw in my initial research told me it was age restricted, so i didn't check it first, but i have been told that isn't true. I will try them again today. I will also give Mc Farland RV park a call.

17 hours ago, dons2346 said:

Welcome to the forum Alex. I am a west coast guy so I really can't help you. Good luck with your search.

Thank you! I am hoping to make it out that way sometime! I am a helicopter pilot so I follow the work!

Welcome!

alex, quite often RV age restrictions are used to keep the RV park from being an eyesore, from having trashy looking RV's there. If your RV is clean and neat most places can make an exception to their rules. Some will ask for pictures of your RV before making a reservation. I've only encountered a few high-end MH parks (>$100/night) that strictly adhere to their age requirement;  their loss not mine.

Edited by rayin

Ray is right. Not many could look at a RV like yours and tell the age. I always tell places that ask that my camper is 9 years old. 

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

On 3/9/2023 at 4:28 PM, wildebill308 said:

Ray is right. Not many could look at a RV like yours and tell the age. I always tell places that ask that my camper is 9 years old. 

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

I finally heard back from them, and they are full up but i am on her list.

I did look at a piece of property, however, and may go the route of purchasing a small piece of property to put my camper on. I would prep it for a second or even third camper to be able to rent out space for travelers. 

On 3/9/2023 at 2:21 PM, rayin said:

Welcome!

alex, quite often RV age restrictions are used to keep the RV park from being an eyesore, from having trashy looking RV's there. If your RV is clean and neat most places can make an exception to their rules. Some will ask for pictures of your RV before making a reservation. I've only encountered a few high-end MH parks (>$100/night) that strictly adhere to their age requirement;  their loss not mine.

When i talked to the lady there, she only asked how long my camper was, that was it. I am not sure where i read the age restricted part, to be honest, but i do remember reading it.