rdgusllc

Do I need Dealer Warranty

I just purchased a new Entegra Reatta Class A.  It comes with at two year warranty.  The deal is attempting to get me to spend $20,000 in additional warranty that is to go out 3 more years.  It covers paint, tires, road side assistance etc.  It seems kind of expensive.  I can get the best Good Sam roadside assistance for $200.  Do we we need the dealer extended warranty.  if so, what do some people wish they had bought?

Welcome to the forum

The extended warranty from a dealer is a cash cow for them, I do not recommend. As far as roadside assistance, why not take a look at what is offered with FMCA?

2 hours ago, rdgusllc said:

I just purchased a new Entegra Reatta Class A.  It comes with at two year warranty.  The deal is attempting to get me to spend $20,000 in additional warranty that is to go out 3 more years.  It covers paint, tires, road side assistance etc.  It seems kind of expensive.  I can get the best Good Sam roadside assistance for $200.  Do we we need the dealer extended warranty.  if so, what do some people wish they had bought?

Nice coach. Welcome to the forum. I would put that money in a maintence  and repair account. That way if you need it you will have it. Those company's are realey good at denying claims. I believe they won't cover anything that already has a warrantee. I would make shure you get all new coach problems documented and worked before your warrantee period runs out. If you do your maintence and generally take care of your coach I don't know how you would spend $20,000. It is all sold with scare tactics. 

Where are you located and where are you headed on your first trip.

Bill

1 hour ago, dons2346 said:

Welcome to the forum

The extended warranty from a dealer is a cash cow for them, I do not recommend. As far as roadside assistance, why not take a look at what is offered with FMCA?

I completely agree with Don. First, it is not an extended warranty, it is a service contract with terms and conditions that must be met before a claim is honored.  That dealer wants him to finance an additional $20K; most folks don't know dealers get a kickback from finance companies. Shoot, I paid $6K to get a Good Sam 3yr extended service contract on our then 13 yr old MH. The engine and transmission both come with a 5yr/100,000 mile warranty. Some appliances come with a 2yr warranty now.

What a ripoff that dealer has going.

Edited by rayin