drfuller76

Ceiling lights pulse/flutter

My 16’ Tiffin Open Road, recently had electric work done to find why water pump didn’t work. Result was crushed wire and inline fuse blown. However, now we get flutter or pulsing ceiling lights. Other interior light don’t do it. 
The battery indicator in hallway show fluctuating 13.5 - 13.6 every few seconds. Inverter seems to work ok, indicator lights all green. 

Welcome to the forum. Hard to tell without doing some hands on testing.

Just so you know the 13.5 - 13.6 is charging voltage not battery voltage. Could be caused by fluctuations in the charger.

Bill

Thank you, the batteries individually measure 6.74@ 2, 6 volts 

thank you in advance if anyone has an analysis 

6V sealed lead acid batteries are fully charged at around 6.44 volts and fully discharged at around 6.11 volts (assuming 50% max depth of discharge). 6V flooded lead acid batteries are fully charged at around 6.32 volts and fully discharged at around 6.03 volts (assuming 50% max depth of discharge).

6.74 is charging voltage not battery voltage. 

Bill

I would suspect there's still a break in that wire somewhere, or bad connection, even a faulty switch.. It's time to get out your VOM and begin testing. I''d begin with the that fuse holder then follow the wire, wiggling it as you go to expose and breaks under the sheathing. Bill is right, batteries act as a filter to smooth out any variations from the charger, and if just one cell is bad the battery no longer acts as a filter.

Edited by rayin

Whoa, great advice Bill and Rayin, I’ll do some VOM checks… the help desk at Tiffin was helpful too, saying these led lights are “very” sensitive to fluctuations.  Other leds in the coach do not flutter, just these. 

sorry to reply so late, we’ve been on the move.