david@measure-x.com

Cancelled Safe Ride bough CoachNet

We had stopped at a shopping center in Idaho. The temperature was 98 degrees. My three dogs and wife were in the RV. The generator quit. After numerous attempts to restart it, I called Safe Ride. I explained my situation to the rude, uncaring representative. I wanted to talk with one of their technicians for their suggestions on troubleshooting. She said only one technician was available, and  he was on a call and would have to call me back. I did not receive a call back from the technician. I asked about a mobile technician. She told me there were none available in Lewiston, ID. I discovered the next day there was one. We checked into a hotel as we also broke a hydraulic line. We filed for trip interruption insurance. We were there for seven days because of the holiday and getting parts. They paid for the five days hotel per their agreement. They would not cover my wife’s meals for the five days, only mine. Their customer service is pathetic. We canceled our coverage and signed up with Coach-Net.

The operators can only read the questions on the computer screen and respond your answers. If you have any trouble with an operator, request to speak with a supervisor; they do know their job well.

I assume you knew about only paying for your meals, as I'm sure you read the contract fine print before signing, just as you do any legal contract.

How does the Coach-Net contract differ from the Safe-Ride contract fine print? I'm curious.

Yes, three times. All were within reasonable response time. One was about 4:30 pm on New Year’s Eve for a lock out. Took about an hour to get to me and 20 minutes service. Be sure to get and read your contract to know what services are provided. When you call, if you don’t get the response you expect, hang up and call again to get another person that can read the screen about your contract.

Keep in mind that you pay for this insurance. It isn’t FMCAssist for medical evaluation which is included in your dues.