redline8300

Replacement LP Line

I recently had a small leak on one of the LP tank gas lines prior to the regulator and replaced this section of line.  With the new line, hooked up to three different full tanks, LP will not flow from it.  If I unthread the line and blow on it, I get a small pop though the line then it stops.  This tells me there is a small check valve in the new line, has anyone heard of these being added as a safety feature?  I think this is similar to the check valve on washing machine supply lines.  While removed from the regulator, I have connected both the old and new lines to multiple tanks, and the old line allows gas through with the new one will "popping" then nothing.

Comparing the old line and new line, the opening in the old line is larger but the projection on the end is visibly shorter than the new hose.  

I'm currently tempted to run a drill bit through the end of the new line, where it threads onto the tank, and test my theory on the check valve.  I've also tried two separate hoses and both do the same.      

On 8/21/2023 at 1:35 PM, wildebill308 said:

Well a quick check of Etrailer shows  all of the leader hoses have back check valves.

Bill

Your comment begs the question; was the hose installed backwards?