nsuregal

roadside Assistance

My husband and I were stranded in South Dakota Thursday night. We were pulling a 5th wheel. We called FMCA for assistance. I had a year old card with me.  We were told that we get a new member number each year.  They could not find us by our name or what they said was our member number we had. When I got home I looked at my current card and , what do you know it was the same number I've always had! This is the first time I needed FMCA and got no help at all! We have been members for 5 or 6 years. I am very disappointed with the service. Uh, no help. FMCA needs to get service people that know how to help customers and look up their accounts.

Were you trying to get the FMCA Emergency Road Service or just FMCA?  I don't know if just FMCA could help or not.  If you were trying to get their ERS, that is a different program, and  if you had a paid subscription they would have helped.

You called at night? What number did you call and what was the persons name you talked to?

Sounds like you were needing the emergency roadside assistance which like said before is a totally different number plus the fact that roadside is not included in your membership. Only FMCAssist is included in your membership

others are correct, FMCA alone does not provide roadside assistance.  you need to purchase seperate ERS to get this coverage.  Here is more info on it:

https://www.fmca.com/fmca-rv-roadside-assistance

As far as your FMCA #, that does not change from year to year.  Mine Is F3508s which i recieved when i joined in 1997.  The "s" indicates "son", because my parents number was F3508 from joining in the late 1960s.

Edited by aztec7fan