schoonmakerjon

RV Industry Certification?

All,  in my prior to campground reservations, I've been asked about RV certification in some form, e.g. RVIA.  We own a former celebrity coach, MCI, with all well-maintained, fairly high-end equipment, Aquahot, Protech, etc.  Additionally, the coach is annually maintained by MCI's Northeast Service Ctr and is always current with the required state inspection.   Park still are requiring RVIA decals and/or all equipment must be factory-installed. 

How are folks handling this situation, when you own a RV that does not come from an identified manufacturer, e.g. Newmar, HR, Tiffin, etc?

Also, does RVIA or others have an inspection process that will certify a RV not made by one of the industry participants?  Please advise any possibilities, 

Thank you for your help and insights.

Stop by an RV salvage yard and remove the RVIA nameplate from a wreck, then use double-sided trim tape to attach to your MH near the door. That should blunt the questions about an obviously well-built MH/touring bus.

RV salvage yards by state.

Bill and Rayin,   I appreciate your responses and adding some information.   This celebrity coach was converted in 2000 on a MCI stock transit bus.   The conversion was done in OH, and unfortunately the converter is no longer operating.  Since this is a MCI coach, the maintenance is done by MCI's northeast service ctr in Blackwood, NJ and additional local maintenance is done by Peter Pan Bus (PPB), and exclusive MCI operator.  So the coach is well maintained by fully informed, trained techs.

I will also inquire with both MCI's blackwood crew and the PPB folks to understand other possibilities for sorting through this situation.  And I'll have look into any nearby RV salvage operations for related RVIA information.   Thank you very much for your insights and suggestions.

---  Jon

The MH RVIA sticker can be removed with a heat gun and gentle pulling.  th-2575934096.jpg.9bcd9366ac1b72d2ae397e96a2da992a.jpg

The older metal emblems are egg-shaped, attached with screws, and will not coincide with a newer MH.