hayesfamily

Said Bye Bye to Norcold

October of this year I had finally had enough. I said goodbye to that norcold 1200, drove 547 miles to Indiana, I believe the town was Shipshewana, and had some very righteous religious fellas put in a 12 V residential. They reworked my cabinets in my carpentry, moved my central vacuum, and this was the result, I’m much happier, Keon. And for the record no the refrigerator didn’t make me happy, the wife not yelling at me anymore about not having ice cream made me happy.

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6215.jpeg

IMG_6203.jpeg

14 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

Looking good. It is always better when the wife isn't yelling at you.

Bill

And even Better when you have cold ice cream when she connects with one of the pots and pans.  

That looks great!  I've always been a proponent of  absorption refrigerators because every one I've owned has worked exactly  as designed. Technology marches on though, and IMO absorption units are  slowly fading into the past as new technology improves household-type refrigerators.

If my absorption refrigerator ever fails, I too will have a residential unit installed.

Thanks for the pictures and the information.

On 11/26/2023 at 1:16 PM, rayin said:

That looks great!  I've always been a proponent of  absorption refrigerators because every one I've owned has worked exactly  as designed. Technology marches on though, and IMO absorption units are  slowly fading into the past as new technology improves household-type refrigerators.

If my absorption refrigerator ever fails, I too will have a residential unit installed.

Thanks for the pictures and the information.

Best move i could have ever made. now almost 5 months in and still happy with my 12v residential. if you get one, i wouldn't do 120 it is much more efficient on 12v.   

Thank you for the advice. Once I thought about it, you're right.  A 120VAC  fridge must have the 90% efficient inverter to supply  power while driving.

This coach came with a 120 VAC  fridge and I swapped for one in my last coach. Works great and no problem. Never had a problem when driving.

Bill