Simpson

Northwest Travelers

Question

New to FMCA, lifetime RV’rs.  Traveling from Glacier NP into Canada to explore SW British Columbia to the west coast then south to northern CA.  Big rig pulling.  Looking for recomendations of big rig friendly roads and those that are not.  Thanks

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum. When are you planning this trip? I would work my way up to Calgary then pickup 1 the Trans Canadian Hwy. When you get to Vancouver I would take the toad to Victoria and take 1 the Trans Canadian Hwy to mile marker 0. They eaven have a turn around loop so you can head back East.

I would take I-5 back south. Don't forget to stop at Olympic National Park and get your stamp.

Bill

I-5 South would be a part time for me as we travel The 101 and take side trips to Big Sur.

Wonderful scenery and cool if Summer time.

Make sure you take a side trip to Ferndale, CA (It's off The 101) and then pick up Mattole Rd. The ride is is ove 60 miles zig zaggin (DON"T TRY TO TAKE THE RV) along some beautiful views and ocean and passes through the Humbolt Redwood State Park and comes back out on The 101 and about 25 miles from Ferndale. Very well worth the drive.

That area is rich with scenery and historic items. Avenue Of The Giants is down the road, South a little ways more. You could spend a month there and not see all there is to see.

Happy trails.

Edited by wayne77590