Ronbradeen@gmail.com

'05 Beaver Patriot Thunder (Roadmaster) parts problems

Greetings!  I have recently had a pretty severe problem with my '05 Beaver Patriot Thunder with Roadmaster chassis.  Apparently the exhaust system rusted off (broke loose) while driving, instantly got really hot in the right rear of my rig, caused brake failure (lockup) and melted several things in the battery compartment area.  My area truck service center, a Freightliner shop, is doing a good job finding many of the parts needed, but has run into a roadblock on a handful of parts needed to get this rig back on the road.  This list includes the entire exhaust system, from turbo to tailpipe, fuel filter head, lines to tank drains, a Racor control box, and the battery box.  This is holding up progress and has us at a standstill.  Beaver parts in Oregon has very little for the chassis.  Cannot really find anyone that claims to have or specializes in Roadmaster parts/service.  The coach is located in Western South Dakota.  Insurance company is willing to tow if necessary, but would prefer to find parts, ship to SD.  Any help or advice would be appreciated! 

Edited by Ronbradeen@gmail.com
misspelling

Welcome to the forum. Sad to hear you are having problems. What can't they fix? The break problem is probable a melted hose. They should be able to just replace it. What size is your exhausts pipe? I don't understand why they can't source the pipe and replace it. 

Is the fuel filter head leaking?

What does the  a Racor control box do and does it still work?

lines to tank drains. What are they made of rubber or pex? 

The battery box. What got damaged on it? My BB is all steel. Is it still holding the battery's up?

Bill

All that exhaust piping was made by  Beaver to their specifications; in other words a custom-fit. The same is true of all DP MH's. An auto muffler shop will not have large enough bending equipment, even though they can obtain the straight piping.

This same situation is found with all brands of older DP MH's. Unlike autos and trucks, they are not required  to maintain a supply of spare parts after that model is discontinued.

I suggest you begin calling  RV surplus and salvage yards by state.

Try finding a shop that services school buses.  They can get stainless steel exhaust parts to replace your exhaust. They did my Harney Coach Renegade on a Magnum chassis.