GuyandVicki

Fmcassist vs Good Sam travel assist

Somewhat; the FMCA program offers less services  because it costs less. That's why the skymed programs are so very expensive, they provide many more services than either FMCA or GS.

FMCA assist is included in our dues each year.

I got the Good sam one because it coveres everone traveling with you.  Our next big trip will have my wifes parents and my adult sons.  FMCA only covers the member and spouse.

2 hours ago, GuyandVicki said:

Thanks guys. I had recently joined fmca and had gs assist. Going to cancel gs and save $90

Keep an eye on GS I had them charge my account without permission.

Bill

FMCAssist covers Immediate Family Members Traveling with you - Included in your FMCA membership

• Spouse or domestic partner
  • Dependent children (including adopted children or stepchildren)
  • Legal guardians or wards
  • Siblings or siblings-in-law
  • Parents or parents-in-law
  • Grandparents or grandchildren
  • Aunts or uncles
  • Nieces and nephews

21 hours ago, palibs said:

FMCAssist covers Immediate Family Members Traveling with you - Included in your FMCA membership

• Spouse or domestic partner
  • Dependent children (including adopted children or stepchildren)
  • Legal guardians or wards
  • Siblings or siblings-in-law
  • Parents or parents-in-law
  • Grandparents or grandchildren
  • Aunts or uncles
  • Nieces and nephews

hmmm, when i called FMCA, the person I talked to said FMCAssist only covered the member and their spouse.  They said my parents in law could get a seperate membership if they wanted the coverage and list my motorhome as the qualifying RV.

Immediate Family members traveling with you are covered if something happens. This has been used many times to assist our members. They are only covered when they are traveling with you in the same vehicle. 

The entire contract is posted on the website if you would like to go through it. What I quoted in the post above is the slide we present when we are doing the FMCAssist briefing at the rallies. Our insurance expert will be in Tucson and will be presenting this seminar at our Convention this month. 

Hope this helps. 

Paul Mitchell

pmitchell@fmca.com