RudnickRV

Full Synthetic vs synthetic blend oil. V8 Tiffin Allegro Open Road

Hi everyone.

We just bought a 2022 Tiffin Open Road Gasser.  V8.  Lots of folks and the dealership say FULL SYNTHETIC while Ford manual says SYNTHETIC BLEND.  We live in Arizona.  Won’t be traveling in cold climates.  Planning on short trips under 5 hours with a couple of longer summer trips to the Pacific NW towing a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Opinions appreciated.

Rudnickrv

i agree with ianbullock

WE HAVE A FORD V-10 Ford manual says SYNTHETIC BLEND. 

IT HAS 44000 MILES ON IT USED FORD 5W-20 OIL SINCE NEW. STAMP ON COVER TO CAP. 5W-20

THEY SAY TO CHANGE EVERY 5000. THIS OIL WAS CLEAN AT  0 MILES AND LOOK  ALMOST NEW AT 5000.

TIM THE MAILMAN

Factory manuals will always list the minimum requirements for any consumable, wear part, etc.  Of course, they will also recommend their OEM replacement parts as well, which normally I would recommend too, as the aftermarket can never match the engineering and manufacturing power of a company like Ford (and their supply base).  All of that said, assuming you are using Motorcraft oil, jumping up to the full synthetic 5W-20 wouldn't hurt a bit, but you'll do just fine with the blend.    

Edited by superbus

On 8/31/2024 at 10:40 PM, RudnickRV said:

Hi everyone.

We just bought a 2022 Tiffin Open Road Gasser.  V8.  Lots of folks and the dealership say FULL SYNTHETIC while Ford manual says SYNTHETIC BLEND.  We live in Arizona.  Won’t be traveling in cold climates.  Planning on short trips under 5 hours with a couple of longer summer trips to the Pacific NW towing a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Opinions appreciated.

I am in the FULL SYNTHETIC camp. First you are working that gas V8 pretty hard in a RV and you are towing. Why not use the best protection you can get.

Bill