clinton

Swivelwheel -58D

I'd like to buy a Swivelwheel 58D to pull behind a 2010 Bounder 35S. Are there any problems with the Swivelwheel product that I should be aware of and is there good dealer to order from.

Thanks,

Clinton

I'd like to buy a Swivelwheel 58D to pull behind a 2010 Bounder 35S. Are there any problems with the Swivelwheel product that I should be aware of and is there good dealer to order from.

Thanks,

Clinton

Clinton,

I am not familiar with the product, but a couple of cautions. Remember that it is attached to the very back of the coach WAY back of the rear axle.

Any weight on the hitch will add a significantly larger amount of weight to the rear axle and remove weight from the front axle.

Also, over bumps, with the hitch that far behind the rear axle, there will be a lot of vertical motion-- don't know how that well affect this carrier.

Brett

Besides the weight issue which is as Brett pointed out can significantly affect the load on the rear and front axles, there are cautions when maneuvering. The Bounder typically has a larger than average overhang behind the rear axle. That larger overhang will exaggerate the effect of the weight on the receiver. Since the Swivelwheel doesn't pivot at the trailer hitch, the entire unit swings with the coach. That means that you need to watch the rear of the coach/Swivelwheel combination carefully as you make sharp turns. I clipped a poorly placed power post when exiting a campsite one time. After that, I watch carefully as the rear of the coach swings in tight turns.