Sign in to follow this  
duke1942

Entended Warranties on Pre-Owned Coaches

I recently had an ugly claim experience with the extended warranty that I bought with my pre-owned coach. The company is Phoenix American Warranty out of Miami, FL. Here is the situation I experienced. I had problems with my Cummins diesel and called the dealer. They could not handle the repairs, nor could two other good auto shops I have used in my area. My dealer and the other two shops recommended I take the coach to the Cummins distributor in the area. Diagnosis was a bad low pressure transfer pump and bad high pressure pump. An estimate to replace both were given to Phoenix, they sent in an "inspector" who disapproved the low pressure transfer pump (critical according to Cummins) and would only pay an amount for a rebuilt high pressure pump equal to some "online part supplier" they would not disclose. Cummins wanted to put in one of their factory rebuilt high pressure pumps. Phoenix wanted to ship the pump they found and have Cummins install it, which of course they refused to do. It is kinda like taking some eggs into a diner and asking them to cook them for you. If you get salmonella who is responsible? Anyway, when I called Customer Service to challenge the claim Phoenix refused to discuss any aspect of it and treated me like crap! I had to pay the $1,700 difference which included the transfer pump Phoenix refused to replace. Anyway, I recommend everyone avoid Phoenix America. Anybody got any other warranty company recommendations? Thanks.

These are pretty much buyer beware as far as I am concerned. I started this route with GS and had a small claim shortly after. Their response raised a red flag for me. In calling to file the claim before work started they were challenging the claim based on how long I had been under contract (they chose not to do an initial inspection). At that point I canceled the policy and haven't considered one since.

I have a Platinum warranty from XtraRide and bought it from WholesaleWarranties.net and was very pleased with the price and the coverage thay have provided. I have used it 3 times with no hassle and coverage as expected. Send Jeff Shelton an email at jeff@wholesalewarranties.net or call at 800-939-2806 ext703. Let him know Dave Wyatt refered you to him and he will give you a great price for a very good warranty coverage

We also have a 3 year Platinum Xtra Ride policy. We are very happy with them. No hassles. No problems. We have had many issues in just over a year of ownership of our new to us motor home. Xtra Ride has been more than accommodating. It was not a cheap policy, but apparently we got a good one.

I have a 4 year platinum Extend a ride and have had 5 claims so far. No questions asked, they just give the service facility a corporate credit card number and it is done. The service manager at the facility I go to told me this is the best company he has ever dealt with and wishes his dealership sold this. This came highly recomended from the General Manager at PPL in Houston