Sign in to follow this  
oldnewguy

Geogie Boy Dash

I have a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit that has a very loose dash. I called and wrote to several companies that have politely told me that my coach manufactuer has gone out of business.

Can anyone give me an idea of how they would secure the dash in a class a motor home. Up under my dash is all rusted so it is hard to tell what they did.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Our dash was loose on the passengers side. There is a 3/4" board against the sidewall on ours. I picked up a tube of constriction adhesive from Home Depot, braced it up with a temporary block of wood and squirted about 1/4 of the tube between the sidewall and the board. Let it sit overnite and so far (about 15,000 miles) it has taken care of the problem.

Paul

Guest 2driftrs

We didn't have more than a thousand miles on our 2000 Pursuit before the dash rattles drove me absolutely crazy. Also, at least on ours, anyway, the instrument cluster placement in the dash was such that you lost the top of the instruments when you tilted the steering wheel. So, with less than 1,000 miles, I tore out the entire dash and repaired loose mounts, added additional supports along the bottom of the dash between the dash and the floor, and replaced the plastic panel in which the instruments and switches were mounted with a new oak grain panel I fabricated from a piece of veneer covered plywood. The best supports that do the most work are removable ones I made to go between the dash and the doghouse.

The biggest cause of rattles as best I could determine is the lack of support between the dash and the floor. This let the entire dash bounce up and down with every little bump in the road, causing the mounting screws to loosen. My dash (mounted on very cheap, soft wood) is screwed to a piece of steel tubing on the firewall. To get rust up there would make me think you have a windshield leak.