DavidWinsett

Printed Circuit Board

David,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

That would be a question for Winnebago who chose and installed the tank monitoring system or if you can determine the manufacturer of the tank monitoring system, they would be an even better resource.

Brett

The system is made by Ventline. In 2005 Winnebago started using a non contact sensor system they call "TruLevel".

The sensors are square black pieces with three of them on the side of each tank.

You should have that system. The older Ventline circuit boards for the old style system won't work so you need to make sure you get the new board if you do have the TruLevel system.

One place you can get the board is from Lichtsinn Motors, a Winnebago dealer a few blocks from the Winnebago factory. You will need your VIN or Winnebago coach ID number. Lichtsinn Motors site I have had good service from them.

Just curious - why do you think the board is bad?

The system is made by Ventline. In 2005 Winnebago started using a non contact sensor system they call "TruLevel".

The sensors are square black pieces with three of them on the side of each tank.

You should have that system. The older Ventline circuit boards for the old style system won't work so you need to make sure you get the new board if you do have the TruLevel system.

One place you can get the board is from Lichtsinn Motors, a Winnebago dealer a few blocks from the Winnebago factory. You will need your VIN or Winnebago coach ID number. Lichtsinn Motors site I have had good service from them.

Just curious - why do you think the board is bad?

I did have a reading (lights) although not accurate. I unplugged the shore power, and then removed the board in an attempt to reset so to speak, now the levels will not light up at all.

I did have a reading (lights) although not accurate. I unplugged the shore power, and then removed the board in an attempt to reset so to speak, now the levels will not light up at all.

David,

Unplugging the shore power alone will not disconnect the 12 VDC to the tank panel board. Since you did have lighted LED's on the panel, you most likely pulled a spade lug connector off somewhere, or shorted 12 VDC in the panel to ground when you removed/reinstalled the board. Either can happen, even when being careful.

I would find the fuse that feeds the tank monitor and see if it's fusible link is burned open. If not, and you have 12 VDC to ground on both sides of the fuse, then carefully remove the panel again and check for an unconnected wire. Also look for a secondary fuse on or around the tank panel. Some installers put them in for various reasons. Most of the monitor panels produced have simple logic circuits. They don't require, and don't have, reset circuits. That said, you may have a microprocessor controlled monitor that does have a reset button. Check your owner's manual.

Non-accurate readings are not unusual. A separate subject. Lot's of info on various RV forums about that problem.