billnjan@gci.net

Mattress for Trek

Guest BillAdams

Find a mattress that is comfortable to you and fits in the required space and you have found the right mattress. It's quite likely that this is a special size so be sure you have the right dimensions and then purchase what you like.

It is queen size. I'm the most worried about thickness.

Have you measured from bed platform to ceiling with bed up? Be sure to include thickness of sheets and blankets and ?pillows? that you will be leaving on the bed when stored.

Brett

Guest BillAdams

The mattress can be as thick as you like. I am pretty sure you can control how high the bed goes if it's a magic bed. Measure the thickness now and just understand that you will lose that much headroom if you choose a thicker mattress. What's more important to you will determine what to buy. Do you want the extra headroom when the bed it up or do you want a better nights sleep. I suspect that it a fairly special mattress to fit in the confined space but you can measure what you have and go to a "sleep center" and see what your options might be.

First of all go to the following URL and in the middle of the page you will see a reference to TrekTraks. Click on that and join, and you will learn more about your Trek than you can imagine.

http://www.nwtfc.com

As far as your mattress is concerned, if you get a mattress that is any thicker than what you have now, the bed will not be able to retract into the ceiling. I was concerned about comfort. I purchased a good foam mattress topper from Walmart and the bed is not habitable. My bed does not completely retract into the ceiling but I can live with that.

There is a ton of feedback concerning the above as well as other options you may want to consider, on the site I mentioned. You will received feedback from many Trekkies!