ramblinboy

Auxilliary Propane Heater

I opened the Owners Manual on the MH9BX and see these warning in bold print:

WARNING: WARNING: If the recreational or commercial enclosure does not have a window or roof vent, DO NOT USE THIS HEATER INSIDE.

And:

Proper ventilation air must be provided to support the combustion air requirements of the heater being used.

Brett

Guest BillAdams

Are you hooked up to shore power or not?

If you are then I recommend a good ceramic electric (or 2) heater. If you are not then I suggest that you use the coach heating system.

If you want to move outside these options to a propane powered interior heating source you have to be acutely aware that you must find one approved for interior RV usage and you must have enough outside air being returned to the RV to prevent asphyxiation.

Thanks Bill. No shore power. I want to run off the propane main tank. Need to connect a line from there along and under the coach then up inside with a quick connect. There are ceramic propane heaters that need a window cracked for combustion air. Anybody have one? Thx Wayne

Are you hooked p to shore power or not?

If you are then I recommend a good ceramic electric (or 2) heater. If you are not then I suggest that you use the coach heating system.

If you want to move outside these options to a propane powered interior heating source you have to be acutely aware that you must find one approved for interior RV usage and you must have enough outside air being returned to the RV to prevent asphyxiation.

Thanks Paul. Sounds like it does the job! I believe the ceramic heaters don't put out as much CO2. Good advice not to use when sleeping!

We've use a Vangard blue flame propane heater for over a year with no problems. Keep a window cracked and DON'T SLEEP with in on......use more covers.

If you do a fair bit of dry camping or boondocking here is a product line for auxiliary heat without firing up your genset:

http://www.empirecomfort.com/

It can be plumbed into your existing propane tank with low pressure fittings available from your supplier. Be sure to get the model with a thermostat to adjust the output automatically. These are ventless and use room air for combustion but you should crack a window near the unit to draw outside air to compensate. Propane is cheaper than gasoline and there's no disturbing the neighbors when you need heat. Hardware should run under $300USD for a 10K BTU for a space of 300 sq ft. Your camping lifestyle would determine if you'd need one of these units.