lebjdixon

Crossfire Tire Pressure System

I recently purchase a 37 ft. Holiday Rambler, and I am a newbie on driving this Coach. I am told that you need at least 95 psi of pressure in your tires, There is a Crossfire tire pressure system on the duals. With my gauge it reads 65psi. I was told that the tire pressure system takes care of the air pressure on its on, so I wondering why does it read 65, if it takes care of itself? And the monitor on the duals is red, which I understand means over-inflation, but like I said my gauge reads 65.

Thanks for any help

Lamar Dixon

http://www.dualdynamics.com/crossfires/index.shtml

This system does not "take care of itself" in the sense that it inflates by itself. You have to inflate manually just as you would on a front tire. What it does is equalize the pressure between the two tires on the dual application and gives you a visual indicator of high/low PSI.

But, let's back up one step. The ONLY way to determine the correct tire pressure is to weight the axles or even better, the individual wheel positions. Then go to your tire manufacturer's PSI/load chart which will tell you the MINIMUM PSI for a given weight. Many recommend adding 5 PSI to this minimum as long as it does not exceed the tire or wheel maximum pressure rating (on sidewall of tire and on rim). All tires on an axle get the same pressure based on the heavier side.

95 PSI may be correct, or may not. It may be correct for front axle and incorrect for the rear axle.

You can also give them a call to confirm how the low/high "flags" are set:

1-800-228-0394

402-441-4300

402-467-5035 Fax

Brett