crempud

Furnace Not Working

I went to start my furnace and found that the control panel does not even list the furnace. It shows the air conditioners and the fan only but no longer list the furnace. The fans in the a/c will start so the controller must be good, Any ideas?

The unit is hooked to shore power and winterized.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

The more you tell us about what furnace and what thermostat/controls you have, the better able we will be to help.

Has it ever worked?

If so, tell us at what point in the process it quits.

Brett

Most likely the furnace is controlled by the climate control panel inside the coach. Should have setting for HEAT, COOLING, AND TEMP on the panel. The control module then uses these settings to start the furnace or a/c.

JB

Recently had a problem with mine tripping the reset button on the furnace motor and that would kill the thermostat and all control. Had a tech trace it out and found the problem was with a resistance issue because of the location they tapped into for the 12v supply. This supply feeds the thermostat, furnace control and A/C control unit too. The small gauge wire wasn't up to the task and the resistance tripped the switch. The tech ran a dedicated wire from a fuse location on the 12v panel and all is well now. It seems they tapped into whatever wire was easy to get to on both the front and rear units. One came off a roof fan line and the other was a wire feeding four lights. Each has its own circuit now.

Take care,

Greg

2007 Greyhawk 32SS Super C

2008 Saturn Vue toad

I been trying to figue out why my theromastat does not recognize the furnace. Been doing research and found a trouble shooting bullentin for my 5 button comfort control center system. I tried a system reset and now get EE on the digital display. Can not find what that means. 2 AC's and furnace are all Duo therm. Any ideas? As near as I can figure the control center communicates with the front ac and then goes to the furnace and rear ac. Comfort control center recognizes both AC's? Any ideas?

On most digitally controlled appliances "EE" indicates an error. And you obviously have one. Unfortunately, it does not give you a specific error code as most will in order to know exactly what input/output is disturbing the central control unit.

I recommend calling Duo Therm customer support. They may be able to give you some ideas. Is this unit in warranty?

If that is not helpful, locate the DC fuse for the control unit and the furnace. Pull both out for at least 10 minutes. Replace the fuses and note what you have.

It is apparent you have a problem with either or both the furnace, the control unit, or the interconnecting wiring. If the above "reset" of both appliances does not resolve the issue, you will need to acquire the maintenance manual and wiring diagrams for the appliances and troubleshoot. Or pay someone else to do it.

I found the information for this control system. It is at the link below. FF (not EE) is normal during a system reset as described in the manual. I would venture to guess the control wires to the furnace are open circuit. Simple troubleshooting instructions are in the manual. Good luck.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ccc5.pdf

All up and running . The wire that runs from the theromstat to the electric control box on the front a/c was chewed by a mouse. Replaced wire and everything works fine.

Thanks for posting the solution to your problem. It helps everyone when the eventual solution is found and shared. Enjoy your travels.