Xplorer

Boquillas Border Crossing

Question

3 answers to this question

Other than a very tiny one dirt street village (Boquillas), there isn't much for around a hundred miles of dirt roads from that crossing.

Been there, done that in a 1958 VW panel truck many decades ago. Drove across the Rio Grande at the Boquillas crossing. Beautiful high mountains as you go south-- higher than on the U.S. side.

Doubt I would venture into that area now.

Brett

Guest BillAdams

While I am sure I will get some serious flames for this comment, there is no chance in heck that I am going to venture into Mexico at any border crossing. Yeah, yeah. Cheap drugs, cheap eye glasses, cheap dental care, cheap women (oops, sorry), whatever. I know there are some good things going on in Mexico but they are so heavily outweighed by the negatives that there is something very close to a 0% chance that you will be seeing me discussing my recent visit to Mexico.

Guest Wayne77590

I traveled into Mexico in the 60's and even then I did not venture into Mexico during night hours unless there were two or more of us traveling. Even then it was scary. Today, I would not want to travel into Mexico at all. Why would there be warnings from the State Department.

Click the below links:

State Department Warning

Mexico Security Update

I just don't consider it wise or safe for me to travel to that country.