roadhus

Seat Damage With Brake Buddy

Excuse our ignorance please. We are rookie RV'ers.

We want to purchase an auxiliary braking system for our tow vehicle (2003 Jeep Liberty). We are leaning towards the Even Brake system.

Our concern is that there may be damage or undue pressure placed on the tow vehicle driver seat with this type of system. Has anyone experienced such or does anyone have an option......

Thanks for helping us Rookies....... :rolleyes:

I have used a Brake Buddy for over a year, and have not had any issues with the seat. I take my time when setting up for towing, so I don't miss any steps or forget anything. I check things twice just and my DW watches the first few turns of the wheels to make sure everything looks ok, and no unusual noises from anywhere.

Guest Wayne77590

Have you considered Air Force 1 braking system as an alternative?

The only set up with AF1 is connecting the tow bar and cables. Nothing to add inside and the braking is proportional if you have an air brake system. If you don't, there is a canister that will operate AF1.

Just a thought.

We've used a Brake Buddy for 6-7 years and have had no problems. The part which engages the seat is adjustable so you can align it for minimum wear. Mine has been used for over 70,000 miles. So I went out to check before answering this, and couldn't tell where the thing hits the seat.

Ward

I have used a Brake Buddy for 2 years on my 2005 Jeep Liberty and have do not have any sign of damage to the seat.