RJEJ

Year Tire Made?

I tried to determine when my 245/70/19.5 Goodyear tires were made. The rear indicate DOT 4207. Which I understand means they were made the 42nd month of 2007. I've looked and had my wife look and can not find any marking indicating the manufactured date on the two front tires. Unlike the rear tires there is no DOT marking or anything which looks like a manufactured date. The tires are Goodyear 670's and other than a lack of a DOT date they are the same as the rear. We know the coach was made in March 2008 and used a 2007 Ford chassis.

What am I overlooking?

Thanks,

Robert

Guest BillAdams

Check the inside sidewalls of the front tires and see if a similar date stamp is found there.

Yes, as Bill says, the complete DOT number with the last 4 digits indicating the WEEK and YEAR of production is only molded into one sidewall of each tire. That could be facing in or out.

This part of the tire mold is changed weekly, that is why it is usually in an indented area.

Brett

Guest Wayne77590

Your tires were manufactured in the 42 "week" of the year 2007

See if this helps: Tire Markings

The long string of numbers start with DOT, and sometimes they are just a stinker to find on the sidewall, but they are there.

Guest BillAdams

Your tires were manufactured in the 42 "week" of the year 2007

See if this helps: Tire Markings

The long string of numbers start with DOT, and sometimes they are just a stinker to find on the sidewall, but they are there.

The tires that he can see the marking on were manufactured in week 42 of 2007. He is well aware of that. He cannot find the same markings on the front tires and needs to do so to determine the age of these tires.

I checked and yes the front tires are marked on the inside. I had them balanced months ago and don't know if they ever showed the markings on the outside of if during the balancing process the tires were mounted with the markings on the inside. They are 4207, same as the rear. An old dog learned a new trick.

Thanks to all,

Robert

Guest Wayne77590

The tires that he can see the marking on were manufactured in week 42 of 2007. He is well aware of that. He cannot find the same markings on the front tires and needs to do so to determine the age of these tires.

Well Bill, if he is aware of that it is not exactly what he posted. I was just trying to "clear" up the issue. I should just understand that there are only 12 months in a year. My bad.

Thanks.

Guest BillAdams

Well Bill, if he is aware of that it is not exactly what he posted. I was just trying to "clear" up the issue. I should just understand that there are only 12 months in a year. My bad.

Thanks.

That's funny! I went back and re-read his post.

The rear indicate DOT 4207. Which I understand means they were made the 42nd month of 2007.

I never even noticed that he said 42nd month. I read it as the 42nd week and I am sure he meant it as the 42nd week.

You take care!

ANybody got a clue on finding the DOT info on a YOKOHAMA RY103, 275/70R22.5 ??

The only DOT stamp I see is followed by FBF2 ?

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!

The full DOT number is molded into only ONE sidewall of each tire. And each tire sold in NA will have a full DOT number with the last four digits indicating the WEEK and YEAR of production.

Check the other side of the tire if there is not a separate molded 4 digit number.

Brett

Here is a full DOT for those not sure what they are looking for.

wgtczr.jpg

This tire was cured the 51st week of 2007 3rd week in December.

This is from a passenger tire but DOT marking codes are esentially the same for all tires sold for highway use in the USA.