HarleyJones1

Upgrade Cat C7 350 ECM Or Not?

I have a Gulfstream G7 with a Cat C7 350 engine, manufactured in 06/04. I'm the second owner and as far as I know, the engine has never had an ECM software upgrade. I have no complaints with it - it runs fine.

My question to those of you who Cat engines, is should I take it in for an ECM upgrade or should I leave well enough alone? I am assuming (I know) that there have been upgrades in the last 6 years.

What do you think?

You might call the Caterpillar RV Hotline (877 777-3126) with your engine serial number and ask whether there have been upgrades AND the reason for the upgrades.

Upgrades could have been made for power, economy, drivability or emissions. Said another way, an upgrade (if available)may not give you an improvement an area of interest to you. Several of those factors are in conflict with others-- for example lowering emissions may hurt performance and/or economy.

Brett

Thanks, Brett. I hadn't thought of asking the reason for the possible upgrade. I'll give them a call.

Please let us know what you find out.

Harley,

Where can I get a electronic copy of the U.S. Map that you color in the states when you visit? Like the one to left of your post.

JohnF

Harley,

Where can I get a electronic copy of the U.S. Map that you color in the states when you visit? Like the one to left of your post.

JohnF

John,

Here is the address for the map:

Visited States map

If you had just guessed the url you probably would have been right. It was kinda "hiding in plain sight" but I finally found it. There's no signup or ads to wade through.

They offer three sizes and the one I use for my profile picture is the smallest one. You can create any map you want, but if you need to add a state at a later time, you must start over from scratch.

Good luck!

btw... It took a lot of searching these forums to find this map, so share it when you can.

John,

Here is the address for the map:

Visited States map

If you had just guessed the url you probably would have been right. It was kinda "hiding in plain sight" but I finally found it. There's no signup or ads to wade through.

They offer three sizes and the one I use for my profile picture is the smallest one. You can create any map you want, but if you need to add a state at a later time, you must start over from scratch.

Good luck!

btw... It took a lot of searching these forums to find this map, so share it when you can.

Harley,

Thanks again. As you can see I got it going, easy. B)

JohnF