JRAZZ

Clear Coat Issues On Monaco

I have sun damage on my Class A 2008 Monaco and I'm trying to sort out my options on the repair. As you might expect, the damage is confined to the roof (top of front and rear end caps and the cowling along each side).

I've been quoted 3.8K to 5K for the work.

Please don't blame me for letting it get that way, as I just purchased it. But do blame me for not checking it out before buying it.

P.S. Has anyone had experience with Navarro's body in Albagones, Mexico? I have heard they might be an option. B)

I live in AZ and could travel there easily.

My 2003 Dynasty 42' has a similar problem, my body shop in Texas on the mexican border tells me that they have to sand the clear off and then repaint the color and then put three coats of clear on and front and some top side is quoted at just under $1000.00 and will take three days. Don

My 2003 Dynasty 42' has a similar problem, my body shop in Texas on the mexican border tells me that they have to sand the clear off and then repaint the color and then put three coats of clear on and front and some top side is quoted at just under $1000.00 and will take three days. Don

Don, I have a 40' 2002 Dynasty. Did you also have the film on the front? Was the quoted price including removing the film or was it just for the top part of the cap? If it was for the complete cap, that sounds like a real bargin. My paint is fine but the film is crazed and cracked all over. Would you message me with their phone number and address.

Thanks

F84678,

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND PROPOSED FIX RECOMMENDED AS MINE....DO YOU HAVE ONE OR MORE COLORS INVOLVED AND IS THAT PRICE FOR BOTH SIDES AND THE TOP OF EACH END CAP ? I HAVE BEEN QUOTED TO CUT OFF THE WORK AT THE TOP OF THE FRONT WINDSHIELD POSTS AND AT A CONVENIENT LOCATION NEAR THE TOP OF THE REAR END CAP. IF SO, YOURE QUOTE IS ABOUT 5 TIMES BETTER THAN MINE !!! WHICH SIDE OF THE BOARDER IS YOUR SHOP ON ??? :unsure:

Roberto Himenez is on the La Feria Texas side of the border,about 1 mile north of military Hy 281. That is about 8 miles west of harlingen Tx where 77 goes north from expressway 83.

I dont have his phone number I just drive down and have a beer and talk to him. He has done work on three of my coaches over the last 10 years. I did not have issues with the 3m film so it was not discussed I have dark brown full body paint on an 2003 Dynasty regal 3 slide with decals on sides. He talked about top front and top back and the 5 inches or so above the awnings on both sides. If you want his number call Swenson RV in La Feria. He paints all the repairs on all HR and Monaco coaches that they have made nice before they sell them...

Swenson Inc

26421 N White Ranch Rd · La Feria · (956) 797-9223

Don