Rasino

Leaking A/C

Have a 2007 Monaco Diplomat, 40 ft,quad slide with 2 A/C's.

The front A/C will drip from the return air grill only when I leave the fans on high and cooling. It has to run several hours before the dripping starts. I've tightened the four mounting bolts twice. Not wanting to over tighten and damage the unit, wondering if this is a seal on the roof that needs replacing? Unit functions perfectly when auto fan is used, but during humid weather we use the fan on high to avoid freezing the unit. Would these DuoTherm units possibly have a drain tube that might be plugged? Filters are clean, units are clear of any debris under the hoods.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Tightening the four mounting bolts would only be effective if the water came in when it rained (i.e. from the roof) or if the condensate drain is OK but the condensate water is pooling on the roof around the A/C unit.

A quick look on the roof (if safe) will tell you if there is water on it.

If so, you may need to replace the roof seal-- no big expense. And if your coach is equipped with a drain other than just onto the roof, check it for a clog.

If there is no water on the roof, indeed you will need to check the condensate drain in the A/C for a clog. While there, it would be a good idea to use a commercial A/C condenser cleaner on the condenser itself. You can get that from any HVAC supply house-- this is not RV specific.

Please let us know what you find.

Brett

Recently had the same problem while having wipers fixed by Manufacturer. I also tightened the ac bolts, but did not work either.

Don't know what brand MH you have, but you may want to check this first:, easy fix.

Our AC has drain holes for the water to flow out to the roof.

The Tiffin Tech, removed the ac schroud, used a wire to clean the clogged drains, where the AC meets the roof. No More Leaks inside.

An accumulation of dirt, etc, can clog the drain holes.

Anyway, fixed my problem. Next time it happens, I can fix it myself. Took him about 15 minutes.