Sign in to follow this  
MHMama

Family Reunion in Perry, GA

We went to our first FMCA rally in Perry, Ga., and now I wonder why we waited so long to do that. It was so much fun and so great to find old friends there.

We were told that there won't be anymore rallies in Perry, Ga., by a past officer of FMCA and want to know if this is true. We sure hope not, as we are now hooked.

Hey, Mama! I'm happy you enjoyed the Family Reunion in Perry. Nearly 1,000 people worked hard to make this event enjoyable for all. Kudos to the nearly 900 volunteers; 100 advance crew people who helped park and who made the facility safe and secure; national officers and committee members who supported the event and even raced in paddleboats for charity; and many people in the national office who worked behind the scenes on seminars, registrations, directions, parking, the reunion program, and much more.

The Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter is a wonderful venue for an FMCA event. The grounds are spectacular and the staff that manages the facility is amazing! I think you may have received some incorrect information with regards to returning to Perry. We do travel around the country with our events so everyone has an opportunity to experience an FMCA Family Reunion. We won't be back in Perry next year, but we are certainly looking to return there soon!

In the meantime, we hope to see you and all your friends in Madison, Wisconsin, August 10-13, 2011!

Thank you for this more correct information. We did have a good time. We found the Volunteers to be very helpful and really appreciate the time Jo and Jerry Mattison (not sure if that is correct last name), who really answered a lot of questions for us. Also Beth and Don Osterhout, Glen and Nancy M. (not sure of last name), John and Bev S. and Ella and Ernie Rich, just to name a few. So many people to thank. Can't wait to go to the next one in Perry.

We really enjoyed the rally in Perry. We only live 15 miles from the fairgrounds but we went on Saturday and came home on Friday. I've been wanting to do that since the first rally was held in Perry. We have only been motorhome owners for about a year and half so this was our first opportunity to go as FMCA members. It was everything and more I thought it would be. We won't be able to go to Madison but we look forward to attending many more rallies. Thanks to everyone that made this happen. ccmsm

Hey everyone! I'm Lynsay with Pilot Flying J. The Perry, GA rally was our first FMCA event too, and we had a great time meeting all of you. If you have any questions about our new RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card, please contact me or check out the website at http://www.frequentfueleradvantage.com/. You can get unlimited discounts on all fill up lanes at more than 550 locations across North America. This card will get you $.03 off every diesel gallon, $.02 off gas, $.10 off propane, and $5 off dumping fees. You can now fuel at any of our truck diesel lanes if you prefer. You can also download our new travel directory at http://pilotflyingj.com/rv-home. Hope to hear from you all!

Guest BillAdams

That was not Flying J's first FMCA rally. Flying J has attended several of the FMCA rallies in the past. We talked to the folks there at the Bowling Green and Albuquerque rallies. I believe that they have attended others. I guess it's the first official Pilot/Flying J FMCA event but I thought the merger took place longer ago than that.