kenjensen

HawksHead TPMS System

Does anyone have info on the HawksHead TPMS? I'm looking to purchase a system -- either the HawksHead or the Doran 360.

I like the idea of being able to change the batteries and not the whole valvel cap for $300 (for 12).

Does anyone have info on the HawksHead TPMS? I'm looking to purchase a system -- either the HawksHead or the Doran 360.

I like the idea of being able to change the batteries and not the whole valvel cap for $300 (for 12).

I have the Doran System and have had to send 3 sensors back twice and they still leak. I am looking and replaceing them with Tire Save Guard. Web site: www.tiresaveguard.com

Guest BillAdams

Here's some great information stolen from the Tiffin Forum website.

The Tire Traker system is also sold under at least two other brand names – Tire Minder and Hawks Head. As best I can tell, the only seller of this system under the Tire Traker name is Daryl Lawrence, a full-time RV’er who together with his wife Cheri operates Lawrence RV Accessories (https://www.lawrencerv.com/). And for whatever reason, Daryl sells this system for considerably less than Tire Minder and Hawks Head (and for less than any other competing brands of which I’m aware).

Take a look at the Tire Traker and see if you can't save yourself some money on a really good TPMS.

Ken, I have the Hawkshead TPMS system and I love it. Would not go anywhere without it. You are so right on being able to change the batteries yourself. I can answer any questions you may have.

Technically speaking, all of those mentioned systems are "branded" versions of a system manufactured by Shenzhen Jetson Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd. None of the companies have a "lock" on the product. Daryl has the Tire Traker brand, Julian has the HawksHead brand, and the Tire Minder brand is available thru Camping World. There are actually several other brands not commonly found in the US. (www.alibaba.com is the place to find out where just about anything comes from...)

That being said, I have been using the HawksHead branded system for 18 months or so without any problems. In fact, it alerted me to a leaking tire on my box trailer on I-80 on our very first trip with it installed. When I tow my Jeep Liberty behind our 41' Overland, it works like a champ without any signal booster. When I tow the 25' trailer, I did experience some signal dropouts, so I put a battery powered repeater in the bedroom of the motorhome.

The Hawkshead system is available at very competitive prices at www.bestrvstuff.com