mauryrosenthal

Banks Exhaust Systems

I just purchased a 35 foot class A with the only gas chassis they use now. The Ford V-10 is terrible and I wondered if the Banks Stinger exhaust product would help me with some more horsepower. Anybody out there have one???

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please give us some details on what you are driving, as there is a difference between early and late model Ford V10's. The later the model, the more HP from the factory and the less gain with aftermarket changes.

What year, what HP and if you know it, the GCW (Gross Combined Weight) of your coach and towed.

I have a similar question for a 2000 Winnebago Brave with the Chevy 454 Vortec (7.4 liter). It's ~21,000 lb GCW. Does the Banks system (air intake and exhaust package) work in improving horsepower and gas mileage?

There are so many thing a person can do to increase Horse Power. But there is a cost invloved. A person has to look at the overall picture before making such an investment.

How often do you use your RV? How many miles do you travel a year? How much increase milage will you get from the dollors spent? As an examlpe, if you improve your milage by 10% and you are now getting 8.0 MPG,That will be an increase of .8 MPG. At that rate, how many years will it take you to recoup your investment?

Just my take on the subject.

You'all Have a Great Day! :)