I would like to know if anyone has or is currently using a dehumidifier in their coach to help with moisture while camping or storing their coaches.

I would like to get rid of the buildup of moisture on the windows that accumilates at night.

Thanks.

Mike and Christina

Mike, I've never had problems with moisture on my windows either camping or storing. I've attached MaxxAir Roof Vent Covers to both my bathroom vent and kitchen vents. I usually keep both vents open regardless of the weather and haven't seen any moisture what so ever. Not only that, but the MH is always fresh smelling, never stall or shut in smell. :rolleyes:

Mike, I've never had problems with moisture on my windows either camping or storing. I've attached MaxxAir Roof Vent Covers to both my bathroom vent and kitchen vents. I usually keep both vents open regardless of the weather and haven't seen any moisture what so ever. Not only that, but the MH is always fresh smelling, never stall or shut in smell. :rolleyes:

I also have roof covers and leave the vents open ... I only get the moisture at night when all four of us sleep at night If it is just my wife and i we dont really have a problem. In my manual that came with my coach it says its sealed very tightly and unlike in a home where moisture goes up through the celing that a motorhome is a small compact space and moisture doesnt escape easily i also use a dry air product with desecant beads which helps catch a lot of water.

I invite anyone who is reading this topic to take a look at the discussion of moisture control in motor homes which I posted in another forum and has since been relocated to the Class A Motorhome discussion. Jhalat is correct that ventilation is the key to controlling moisture. If opening vents isn't enough, turn on the fan, it will remove the moisture and eliminate condensation problems in the motor home. Yes, a dehumidifier will work but it shouldn't be necessary if you use the techniques I outlined in my post.

We use a dehumidifer when rv is in 'storage' in our backyard. Mostly during the rainy spring and late fall. With our model the air going into the dehumidifer must be above a certain temperature (found this in our manual). So when the air temp is too low we set up a small cube heater to warm the air just in front of the dehum. Note we are not trying to raise the temp in the whole rv. Use the dry crystals in the bedroom and cab area and the dehum is in the center kitchen. We do not use anything when rv is occupied. Oh, and when in storage, we make sure every cupboard and cabinet and drawer is slightly ajar so moisture doesn't build up and create mold. Here in Vancouver, Canada we can get an awful lot of rain, must empty the dehum often. And we check the unit at least twice a day with the devices running.