Sign in to follow this  
melvonnar

Kwikee Step Parts

Prices for repair parts are all over the place; mostly very expensive (looks like most are over priced, I broke a control arm for my 32 type step I got prices from $42 to over $60 plus $12 t0 $16 shipping. Anyone have luck getting this part welded? if so what did it cost you?

One of the factors in pricing of repair parts is the size of the market. RV's are very small market when compared with the auto industry. Auto repair parts are usually available from a variety of secondary market manufacturers which keeps auto parts prices lower. With RV's the small market generally discourages secondary manufacturing of parts so the original manufacturer is the only source, thus they can name their price.

You might be interested in looking for the part in the RV Salvage market. Use the search tool at the top of this page to search for articles on Salvage. When you perform the search, set it to search "this forum," not just "this topic."There have been several good discussions of these markets and there are listings and links to RV Salvage locations around the country. You may find an RV Salvage yard nearby but if not, many ship supplies to distant locations. You could find a like new part for less than 1/4 the price of a new part!

Here is one of the articles I found using the search tool, Salvage.

I had to hunt this link down again as it had change since I last posted it. Here is a listing of RV Salvage Yards from another web site. This listing indicates specialties of various salvage yards which might help you focus your hunt for the parts you need.