Sign in to follow this  
ghj3886

Campgrounds Near Rocky Mountain National Park

I am looking for suggestions for a campground for the middle of September near Rocky Mountain National Park. I have been looking near Estes Park, and there appear to be plenty of options. Any insight from fellow RVers would be greatly appreciated.

We usually stay within Rock Mountain National Park at Moraine Campground. Reservations must be made early. Ask for Loop "C". The sites are larger. There are two sites on Loop "A" that are large. They are only a couple of sites from the entrance to the campground. "A" has pit toilets, and "C" has flush toilets. All are sites are dry camping. We can go 5 days on the inverter. Then we run the engine, not the generator, for 2 hours; and we can go for another 4 days on the inverter.

We stayed @ Riverview Campground, listed as Loveland, Colorado back the end of May this year. Located right on the bank of the Big Thompson River. A scenic uphill drive to Estes Park. Nice sized flat & level sites, all the usual discounts, and they are Passport America. I'd stay there again, but I'd like to try staying in the park too, I guess we'll just have to go back again. Maybe you'll get lucky as we did, and the local in park residents band will perform for your listening & dancing pleasure.