ejohns

Beaver Coach, Class A Slight Pull To The Right

I just traveled from Arizona to Minnesota and am having a slight pull to the right when driving. Also have slight shimmy. Can any one give me advice as to a repair. I have about 5 thousand miles on new Toyo front tires. Tire pressure is good.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Shimmy is almost always the fault of an out of round or out of balance tire. Go to a Toyo tire dealer and have them check RUN-OUT and BALANCE. Best of run-out is under .035" for front tires and best to find a dealer who can balance them on the coach so that all rotating mass is in balance including not just the tire and wheel, but also the hub and brake disk/drum.

If the pull started when the new tires installed, have the front tires rotated side to side.

If the pull is unrelated to new tire installation, start by checking ride height-- if a ride height valve is out allowing the coach to lean, it can induce pull. If ride height is OK, have an all wheel alignment done. Front caster needs to be a little more on the right side than left to compensate for the crown of the road.

When you say tire pressure is "good", I assume you mean it is per Toyo's recommendation for your actual weight.

Brett

If your Beaver Motorhome is riding on a Roadmaster 8 or 10 bag chassis and your problem is alignment, have the alignment shop set positive caster and toe in near maximum specification settings.

When Roadmaster chassis positive caster and toe alignment is set to the negative range of specifications, they tend to wander.