mikey360

Where Oh Where Is My Water Pump?

Second owner 2007;Fleetwood Providence 39V.

Along with every other conceivable maintenance requirement that wasn't done by the original owner, the water pump filter has never been cleaned.

I can't find the thing. I can hear it but I can't find it. I don't think it's accessible from inside the unit.

Anyone out there able to enlighten me?

Thanks for the help.

I think you will find in on the drivers side, but not where all the sewer and other water lines are located. Look in the bin one to the front of the sewer and freash water connections. You mentioned the pump filter. You may find that there is also a whole house filter up and behind the outside shower valve.

Yes, Mr Boyer, I found the whole house filter behind the service panel. I doubt the housing had ever been opened. The filter was a very dark brown. I got a new one at Camping World and it's pure white. I will check the compartments on either side. Thanks.

That would be a problem with the built-in-whole house water filters, out of sight out of mind. The in-line ones force you to at least acknowlege it's existence from time to time.

Ours is a 2003 Providence same issue lots of neglected maintenance Our drinking water filter is under the kitchen sink and the water pump is in the bay in front of the sewer connection. Like you unable to locate fresh water filter. if you find it let us know. Would love to find it!

Ok, I found it! It is up behind the plumbing service panel. Way up! Like so far up I can't touch it. But if I lay on my back with my upper torso inside the compartment and look up behind the panel, I can see it with a flash light.

I guess the only way to get to the filter screen on the pump is to remove the service panel. Not a bad idea as I have a small (dripping) city water port leak from back there as well.

The fun never ends!

Thanks for the help everyone!