gmullen

New To FMCA

Joined FMCA today. Owned a motorhome since 1998 but just traded for new 2011 Tuscany 42RQ and hitting the road. In Lafayette, LA near dealer, Southern RV Supercenter, getting bucket list of small repairs so they can fix them before returning to Illinois.

Will post photos later.

Herman, My Clan migrated from Ohio to Illinois aroud 1830. I have a neighbor who's last name is spelled Mullen and we can not connect the two lines together. His family migrated from KY. But who knows, we could still be Kin.

Welcome to the forum and the life style...and it is a life style. The DW and I still work but we are teachers that have the summers off. We love traveling during the summer.

Dan

We are extremely new to this lifestyle. We have sold our 2700sf home in January 2012, auctioned all our belongings, drove to MS and purchased our 40ft, Rexhall, Rexhair Class A Diesel Pusher. We have kids & grandkids in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and had put 3 cars, 2 trailers and several other items in storage until we officially got the motorhome (as we call it, the Hideout). We've been in Dickinson, TX since Feb 19th and since then sold our 3 cars & trailers and recently purchased a 2005 Saturn Vue. We are still learning what things we need and what we really don't need. So we've been downsizing still. Oh What a great feeling it is. Our plans are to leave May 20th and head to AZ for a couple of weeks, NV and then eventually St. George, UT for the summer. We are looking forward to our new journey and meeting new friends.

You can follow along with us on our blog at http://stamsrvnadventures.blogspot.com