reid9439

Video Switch Box Replacement

I am trying to find a video switch box that replaces the manual push buttons in my a/v compartment.

The Winegard that I have now, you have to physically go push the correct buttons on the box to have it select the video source. It is silly to have a programmable Harmony Remote when you still have to get up and push the button.

Its my understanding that there is a model of Tiffin that has one but I can't find out who makes it. Any thoughts?

reid9439,

Welcome to the Forum.

After I have looked at the switch box in our MH, I wonder if I really need it. I can split my incoming coax from my bay for cable and the coax from my satalite dish into a splitter and then one coax to the back of my Receiver and use either one. If I want cable I can leave the receiver off and turn on the receiver when I need the satalite. I can then connect my dvd player into my TV. Therefore why do I need a box to connect them to my TV? Yes I know I have two TVs but that can be done by the coaxes also.

There are many a/v remote controlled switch boxes on the market but few coax/f connector ones. I think Herman asks a good question. Why not just use the inputs in the televisons and use coax splitters and do away with the box altogether. The only thing that could stop that is that most tvs only have one coax input and both cable and antenna have to feed to the set. If your set has two f connector inputs the box could be done away with.

Gramps,

Most RVs have a DVD/Cassette player. Which can be connected to the TV with the audio/video cable. This leaves your coax connector open. If you have Dish or Direct your receiver has a coax connecter for the Sat. and one for the Ant. and one for the TV. The only place I can see a problem is with the rear TV. That one I will have to think about.