GerryJo

Towing 2008 Chrysler Town-n- Country 4 Wheels Down Behind Motorhome

I purchased this 08 to tow 4 wheels down behind motor home not knowing Chrysler had gone to a new 6 speed auto tranny and no transmission dip stick to check fluid levels. Remco says they have a lube pump for this van, but have had issues with too high fluid levels causing aeration or foaming causing their pump to pump air and setting off a pump not working alarm, and transmission failures. They went from recommending 56 milliliters of fluid to 40 milliliters, but no dip stick means taking to dealer to use computer to scan and determine temp and fluid levels. They also say not to install their pump on this van if I feel uneasy. If I ruin the tranny remco or Chrysler say it's my bill.

Has anyone towed the 08 or newer with the 6 speed auto (62TE) transmission , 4 wheels down?? Or should I tow on a dolly?

I have towed always 4 down, using a Brake Buddy, and Blue Ox tow bars, so money invested and can't tow this 08 Chrysler van. I really don't want to buy a dolly either but what's my choice at this point?

HELP.

RCWilly@aol.com. Gerry Jo

At one time Remco had a axle disconnect for front wheel drive cars. It involved cutting the axle and installing the devise. It had a collar that rotated to lock and unlock. I don't know if they still make it or not, check with them.

GaryJo

Welcome to the Forum. Hind sight is 20/20. I am not trying to be cute, but unless you really needed the Van it would have been nice to investigate before making your purchase. Remco makes a very good drive shaft disconnect, for rear wheel drives. That being said your Van is front wheel drive with CV joints and would require two disconnects. I am not sure how those disconnects engage and disengage.

Since you have gone to the expense of tow bar and base plates I would investigate Remco's Pump or Front Wheel Disconnects.

If they don't recommend them it looks as if you might have to check out a dolly. If you have to go with a dolly you might try to sell what you have already purchased on "craigs list". I hope you are able to solve this with as little expense as possible.