Sign in to follow this  
fckrueger

Coach Model Types

This may already be addressed somewhere but could not find in forums so can someone please help me understand what the different Coach types mean?

Examples - 42PAQ, 43DFT, 43PKQ AND 43PD5

Thanks

fckrueger and Duanelin Welcome to the Forum. Duane is correct (more or less), unless you are talking about Toretravel. Not many people know what their numbers mean.

Most times the number mean length. Sometimes the letters mean floor plan, number of slides, etc.

As you see coaches ask what their numbers mean.

Good Luck.

The first 3 model numbers look, to me, as they are models built by the Monaco Coach Company prior to their bankrupcy and some models are still, I believe, built by the new corporation - Monaco RV.

For instance; the 42PAQ would be 42' long (43' if prior to about 2008) with 4 slides (two opposing in the bedroom as well as two in the lounge area) This coach would have a tag axle on a 10 air bag Roadmaster chassis.

The 43PKQ would be a similar floor plan with 4 slides, tag axle, and 10 bag Roadmaster chassis and either 43' or 44' long.

The 43DFT would be similar to the 43PKQ in length, chassis, suspension, and axle but it would have 3 slides, one of them being a full wall length slide on the driver's side of the coach, and two slides (bedroom and lounge area) on the passenger side.

The 43PD5 I do not recognize as a Monaco model but if it was actually a 43PDS it would probably be a model prior to about 2001 and be between 43' and 44' long, have a tag axle, have one long slide located on the driver's side and include part of the kitchen and the living room area in the slideout, and be either on a Freightliner or Spartan chassis. (We once owned a 1999 HR 37PDS on a Freightliner chassis that was that type of floor plan although somewhat shorter overall and did not have the tag axle.)