Sign in to follow this  
Whoachubby

99 Discovery 12 Volt Light Wiring Question

99 Fleetwood Discovery.

It has 5 decorative lights. 3 in living areas on wall. 2 in bedroom at the head of bed.

All 12 volt lights are working except these 5.

I checked the wiring diagram and they appear to be on same circuit as other 12 volt lights.

I checked fuses and all appears to be in order.

I took a 12 volt tester and determined there is no power reaching lights. This eliminated it being a bulb problem.

There has to be an expert in the ranks that can point me to another step in the process.

Whoachubby,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have had the switch in both of my Bedroom reading lights go out is less then a week of one another. They are easy to remove from the wall. You can check for 12 volts there because you have both Black (Positive) and White (Ground). If you have 12 volts check the switch. If you do not have voltage there try to run a wire from the ground side of the coach battery and see if you have power at the positive side of the light. If you have power, reverse the wire on the battery to the positive and check the ground at the light. This way you can check for a bad power or ground.

Hope this works. I am sure there are other test out there and you will hear from them soon.

Good luck

The other Possibility is a loose connection in a junction box located some where. They should be pictured in your electrical drawings. The junction box might be exposed to the elements and the connections have corroded.

The fact that the lights are connected to a working circuit eliminates a loose screw at the fuse box. Things due loosen up driving down the road.

Hope these thoughts helps.

Ok I took one light off the wall in the bed room and one light off the wall at the farthest end.

Got plenty of power to both fixtures.

I bypassed the switches and the lights work fine.

Is it possible that all five switches are bad? That sure is what it looks like.

Guest BillAdams

Your own trouble-shooting sure would indicate that all of your switches are bad.

Whoachubby, that is what is called "Hitting the nail on the head".

Might I suggest that when you purchase your replacement switches that you buy several extras. With a M/H you never have enough extra parts.