Sign in to follow this  
ramblinboy

Sharp Carousel 1480 Microwave Not Working

Do you have power to the microwave? Like, is the clock running?

Want to make sure that you do not have a loose connection somewhere before replacing.

Now there is a unit that others have installed that is very similar in size and function. The biggest problem-- I have to fine the information somewhere in the index on the hard drive, in one of the folders.

Yes all functions work except it won't fire when started. Apparently the magnatron in this product is known to fail. It could also be a door switch.

This size is a standard large above the range oven. Picked a Samsung 1.7 cu ft and it fits fine. Brackets are different but fit the gap well. Price 249 at BestBuy.

Guest BillAdams

If you mean a convection / microwave, my recommendation is that you replace it with another Sharp. If you like the one you have now you will likely be disappointed in a replacement. We took ours out and put in an Advantium which was a terrible mistake. The Sharp simply performed better. We than has some "blow up" out electrical system and we now have a GE Profile but only because we could not find a Sharp on such short notice. Janet does like this Profile as well as the Sharp so I guess there are other choices but just "any other" is not necessarily the best idea. As mentioned above, if this is an over the stove, household type unit then they are the same kind you can find at most any appliance store. If you can find the Sharp, you will not have to change the mounting plate either making it a simply swap job.