FARNOW

Extended Service Contracts

ACC warranty, we purchased it last year paid the amount for four years coverage. We tried to use it last month for some repairs that were to be covered and the claim was denied. Been trying to deal with ACC president who is rude and full of lies. Claimed he was going to send parts directly to us for replacement 3 weeks later still no parts thank goodness were not setting in a repair lot. Long sad story short two weeks ago he claimed in writing he was going to refund the money we paid for the coverage that has not happened yet so our next step will be made by our attorney. We have learned out lesson from now on we will put money aside for unexpected repairs.

Well, I still favor Good Sam. We have a 2004 Trek by Safari and one year cost is $622.00 for $250.00 deductible. We have the additional coverage for electric step and Auto Park Brake. We can renew this contract until we reach 150,000 miles. We are at 87,000 now so probably good for ever for us. We estimate that we have been getting a 500% annual return on this investment. We have had this coverage since 2002 so we are grand fathered in for some issues.

When I acquired my coach, 4 years ago next March, the dealer sold me for 1/2 price an Easy Care contract. EC has been pretty good to work with however, the rate to renew is quite high. I came across ACC on the web, and asked for a quote. Numbers are less than 1/2 of the EC cost for what appears to be better coverage. ACC includes coverages EC does not offer and has quoted a lower deductible. I share the concern about how good the rates are for the coverage offered, and can find no testimonials anywhere. I called and asked the rep for a source to find how existing customers felt about ACC and he referred me to FMCA. He said they had contracts with many FMCA members, yet none have yet to come forth. Hmmmm!

BBB ratings show F. I would give them a Z.

Our experience is about the same, any updates?

There is another thread on this forum dealing specifically with ACC .... not pretty .... Buyer Beware. The Indiana BBB has rated them "F". It appears they have 14 complaints that ACC has not responded to.

Poppo

We have an extended warranty with Extra Ride that we got thru Wholesale Warranty. Our previous coach was also covered by same company thru Wholesale Warranty. We have been satisfied with both companies and there service - Wholesale Warranty and Extra Ride and over the years have made several claims, small and large!

Before you buy you need to understand the difference between exclusionary and exclusionary policies! It is important and can make a difference in the level of service. The explanation can be long and I don't want to post it here, but if you have problems finding a good explanation PM me and I will send it to you!

Good Sam without any issues. (3 class A Motorhomes) Always pay what I think they should.

The key is to have a good dealer who will work with Good Sam.

After I make the first call I let the dealer work through the issues.

That said, they all charge to much.

Bill

We bought a 2011 class A motor home with only 6,000 miles on it and purchased a Good Sam extended warranty. It's not worth the paper its written on.

We paid $4,600 for it and have had trouble getting them to pay for problems we have encountered. First, while driving in the rain, the timing on the wipers failed and caused damaged to one of the wipers. A new wiper arm had to be installed, but since the motor was okay, they refused to pay for the arm. The failure was due to the timing, which the motor was responsible for. Cost of wiper arm was only $67 and took about 30 minutes to put on, but by the time Camping World got through, our bill was over $400.

Our satellite system failed due to circuit boards fried. The Kingdome company does not make this particular dome or its parts anymore. Good Sam would only pay for the circuit board, which is not available anymore and they refused to replace the satellite. The parts are not interchangeable, so we are left with a non-functioning satellite because the parts are not made anymore.

This policy has so many loopholes, it should be illegal. Sounds good in the first section, but read the exclusions. It takes away all the coverage. DON'T BUY COVERAGE FROM GOOD SAM. They give the power over to some other company to enforce.

I assume that Good Sam and Camping World are one and the same company. Does Good Sam actually provide the insurance or is it provided by an independent insurance company?