jmstillwell

Not Even Locksmith Could Open

My '02 Winny Ultimate Advange DP's cargo doors are locked to the extent a key, nor locksmith can open. All 9 doors will accept key, but not turn. Batteries are down (which are unavailable in locked compartment). Seems as if security system took over compartment locks. I can enter the coach. Never had, nor have heard of such a thing.

Anybody? jmstillwell

Jim,

If you can get in the coach and the batteries being too low is the issue, start the generator (jump start it if you need to) to bring voltage up to where you can open everything.

If you can't access the generator to jump it, you can always crawl under (with safety stands recommended) and hook the jumper hot to the main engine starter lug, ground to frame. Then hit the "boost" button to allow power to go from main engine starter to generator starter.

It may be that just jumping to the main engine starter and using the "boost" button will bring voltage up to where you can open the compartments.

Wayne,

The same thing happens with the new faubs used on everything, solve one thing and create another.

Neighbor has a Ford with the touch pads and the battery died. Key would not turn the lock cylinders ( he never used them) so one needed to crawl under and connect the jumper cables to the starter positive terminal (hoping not to blow a fuse somewhere) and then enter the code. Lucky, because I was afraid the code might have been lost.

What are we doing? Convenience over practicality.

R.M.