Sign in to follow this  
wtbuck12

Replacing Norcold Cooling Unit?

I have a Norcold N821 frig in my 2000 HR.

Last weekend on a trip it quit working on either propane or AC. Heats up but no cold, must be the cooling unit. I found an aftermarket galvanized cooling unit for $350 and was told it was a rather simple change out. I have been an auto mechanic all my life and had my own shop for 22 years, so I'm pretty good at using tools, and I was wondering if anyone had any firsthand experience with changing one?

Thanks for any input POS or NEG.

Ronnie

Ronnie, Welcome to the Forum. There have many blogs on the Norcold. Check the Forun topic 'System & Allpiances' there was someone that got a unit made by the Amish that looked good and they showed picture of the process. If you could find that blog it might give you some idea of the process. It wasn't for your unit but the directions might be helpful.

Thank you very much for the info. Looks like a straight forward application and something I think I can handle. Also much cheaper than replaceing the frig.

Thanks

Ronnie

Thanks everyone.

I found the video and did more research. Sounds like the new Amish unit is the way to go and installation seem relatively easy.

I think that is probably the way to go.

Thanks

Ronnie